Do you ever wish you could go back in time and give yourself advice about your adult life? Well that’s how I have felt lately.
So much has gone on that I have felt so lost and unprepared for life. I’ve felt like I don’t know who I am or what my purpose in life is. I’ve struggled with depression and anxiety. I’ve been so ashamed about that.
If I could go back I’d tell myself these thing.
– It’s ok to struggle with mental health issues and to ask for help.
– To finish school so that I felt like I could accomplish something that meant a lot to me.
– To not rely on someone or something to make me happy. I should create it myself.
– To realize that there will be good days and bad days, but the bad days don’t last forever.
– That I should follow my passion no matter what. I should do what makes me happy!
Some days I wish that I could tell my younger self that, but I can’t. So I will tell my present self these things to prepare my future self to be happier! I’m learning it’s going to be ok and I can still pursue my dreams and it’s ok to ask for help.